Qualmark Test Chambers on Steroids
Qualmark HALT testing systems (Highly Accelerated Life Test) combine extreme temperature cycling and repetitive-shock/vibration for the ultimate in accelerated reliability testing.
World’s Largest HALT/HASS Provider
ESPEC North America is the largest manufacturer of AST (Accelerated Stress Testing) equipment worldwide. Qualmark HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test) and HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screen) testing technology has been recognized as one of the fastest and most effective disciplines for design reliability testing and production screening for electronics and electromechanical devices.
The technology has matured from a simple thermal shock chamber with a vibration table to an integrated testing system. Qualmark chambers have been the market leader in HALT since introducing the technology in the early 1990s. Today, our technology continues to reflect the best advances in HALT/HASS system testing. Our models are the most energy-efficient on the market. The technology provides the extreme stresses necessary to rapidly find design flaws missed by traditional methods.
The table delivers six-degree-of-freedom, random, broadband excitation (10 Hz to above 5,000Hz) with a consistent power spectral density profile that eliminates “picket fencing.” The thermal chamber’s conditioning system features vacuum-jacketed liquid nitrogen cooling and nichrome wire heating, resulting in ramp rates of 60-100˚C per minute.
Features for Qualmark HALT Systems
Qualmark Vibration Technology: 6DOF Repetitive-Shock Table
- Simultaneous excitation at multiple frequencies for testing complex assemblies
- Patented pneumatic hammer/table design is lubrication-free and valveless
- Quiet operation without external cooling requirements
- The table is field-adjustable for resetting to original PSD levels, ensuring consistent performance.
- (Adjustment included in our preventative maintenance agreement.)
- Vacuum Jacketed (VJ) liquid nitrogen (LN2) valves and manifold.
- Proportional control and valve system for maximum LN2 efficiency and consistent temperature control, while reducing two-phase (gas/liquid) states that cause problems in traditional on/off solenoid-based control.
- (Proportional manifold optional on T1.5/2.0 models.)
- VJ eliminates condensation, dripping water, OSHA safety concerns, and energy loss compared to other insulation methods.
- Efficient, economical LN2 usage with either low-pressure Dewar tanks or higher pressure Permacyl and bulk tank systems.
- Stainless steel interior, painted exterior, with two full opening doors
- (one door on T1.5/2.0 models)
- High-velocity airflow for improved product temperature change rates.
- Two-position table for flexibility to test taller samples, improved ergonomics, and less LN2/electricity usage for smaller test items.
- Advanced chamber insulation combined with our low-noise hammers results in very quiet operation, even at maximum vibration levels.
- Adjustable feet for leveling unit
- (stand options for T2.5/3.0 models)
- Windows 10 system with Labview based operation and PLC-based controls
- Programming, operation, and datalogging for vibration/thermal profiles.
- One accelerometer for table control
- (three additional inputs available)
- Two thermocouples:
- one for product
- one for air
- (four additional inputs available)
- Eight event relays for external controls
- Optional Q-Link or Qualview software tools for ATE integration and other remote connections.
- Optional integrated spectrum analyzers and data acquisition systems.